Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where we used to live

So now I live alone. I've lived alone before but this is the first time I've lived alone in my own house. It's kind of nice and kind of weird at the same time. It's so quiet. And everything is in its right place. Which is how I like it. Except that I sort of miss the chaos of having other people (and Lucky) around.

I remember being happy when I bought the house all by myself. It was another one of the things I did to prove that I will always be ok, that I can take care of myself, that I don't need anyone else. But that's ridiculous. Everyone needs someone else. No man (or robot) is an island.

Life is funny in that you're simultaneously always alone and never alone. You're the only one who lives your individual life, but there are always other people around if you let them in.

People will come and go, their lives weaving in and out of mine. Waves of company and waves of solitude. Life is a crazy, hilarious, amazing journey. Wherever it goes and whoever it's with, I'm just happy to be part of it.

Lyric of the moment: "Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul that love never lasts. And we've got to find other ways to make it alone, keep a straight face. And I've always lived like this, keeping a comfortable distance. And up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness..."

No comments:

Post a Comment