Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm crossing my fingers that the best is yet to come

My new bathroom is awesome! It's not quite finished yet. I still have to paint the trim and clean everything, but it's such an improvement already. I never really planned on staying in this house very long, but I'm starting to rethink that. I have to admit I like it here.

All my life I wanted to do everything by myself, but I'm starting to rethink that too. I still want to be the captain of this ship, but it would be sweet to have a co-captain.

It would be nice to feel like part of a team. I always wanted my own gang, posse or motley crew.

I am loving Winter Warriors. So far I've accumulated enough points to get a keychain, water bottle and long sleeve t-shirt. It's pretty sweet.

On Monday I was introduced to one of the best things I have ever eaten: the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Crêpe from Simply Crêpes ("Peanut butter cream, chocolate fudge, bananas and vanilla ice cream, topped with our house made double chocolate sauce and whipped cream"). I would totally pick this as my last meal if I ever had to make such a choice.

Mike made me guacamole and quesadillas and brought over movies and dessert. The way to my heart is definitely through my stomach. I am smitten. Hopelessly, ridiculously smitten.

I don't know why but I get the feeling this year is going to be a good one. And I can't wait to see what happens.

Lyric of the moment: "Still it's a real good bet, the best is yet to come. The best is yet to come, and babe, won't that be fine..."

No comments:

Post a Comment