Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Aftermath


an unstoppable force
So I wallowed in disappointment for a few days. And then I thought...
I came here to find out what I was made of, and what I found was determination, strength and heart. And a whole bunch of people who, for some reason, like me a whole lot.

So what if things didn't work out the way I'd hoped? Life rarely goes as planned. Usually, it ends up somewhere much better.

I thought that running 26 miles would only make me want to stop, but instead it made me want to run even more. I thought I'd probably be one of those people who run a marathon, check it off the list and are done with it. But instead I found myself wanting the next marathon even more.

In the car on the way home from Cleveland my mom said "So when is your next one? Because I know you won't be happy until you run it the way you want to." It's true. I'm already thinking about a fall marathon. Rochester? Wineglass in Corning? Somewhere else?

I haven't run in 2 days and it's already killing me. I can't wait to get back out there.

I'm going to the doctor to get blood work on Friday and hopefully I'll be up and running on Saturday.

Lyric of the moment: "And I'll find strength in pain. And I will change my ways. I'll know my name as it's called again..."

3 comments:

  1. And then she was bit by the bug...... and the bite has no cure.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empire State Marathon is calling your name! Ha ha just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with shoooter! Lets call it redemption weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete