Monday, May 23, 2011

Slight detour on the road to awesometown

My bloodwork came back and everything is normal. Except for elevated CPK, so I have to get that rechecked later and see if it goes back to normal. I'm also getting a complete physical in 2 weeks since I haven't had one in years.

This should be good news. I'm not deficient in anything, all signs point to healthy. But I'm looking for a reason why I felt so awful on marathon day so I can prevent it from happening again. And so far I've got nothing. Maybe I didn't train hard enough. Maybe I just wasn't ready. I don't know.

I do know that the harder it is, the more I want it.* If the race had gone well, I would have been a one and done marathoner. Now I will probably never stop running.

Life is funny that way. I think I'm going one way and then I end up somewhere else.

Hopefully it was just a slight detour and I'll be back on the road to awesometown soon.
In any event, the weather is warm, my legs are working again, ice cream/smoothie/frozen chai season is upon us and life is good.
 
Lyric of the moment: "All there is left to do is get up, get up, get up, there's a dancefloor waiting..."

*That's what she said

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha that's what she said. hahahha ayou made my night with that line. see ya tomorrow! :) sheila

    ReplyDelete