Thursday, May 5, 2011

The one with all the mushrooms

Yesterday I was annoyed. At the man on the treadmill who was just standing there talking (not walking or running, just talking to the guy next to him). At the rest of the treadmills which were all either broken or being used. At the pizza place that only delivered half our order, and then came back with the other half, which was burned and full of mushrooms even though I specifically said no mushrooms (Twice. To be fair, I never specified not burned, so I guess that one's my fault).

But then I was annoyed at myself for being annoyed. I mean these aren't real problems, just minor inconveniences. No big deal. The small stuff that people are referring to when they say "Don't sweat the small stuff." Most of the time I'm not bothered by minor annoyances. I think I'm a pretty easy going person and I try to make the best of things. But yesterday, after working from 6:45am - 5pm, I was tired and cranky. I just wanted to get in a quick run and eat a calzone with no mushrooms. But alas, it was not meant to be. Stupid mushrooms.

I don't want to let the small stuff get to me. I want to be more patient, more compassionate, more zen I guess. I want to be like one of those monks who are super good at meditating and radiate joy and levitate off the ground. I don't know if that is real or not but it would be totally cool.

I will work on that.

Lyric of the moment: "Always love. Hate will get you every time. Always love, don't wait til the finish line..."

No comments:

Post a Comment