Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You said go easy, I got carried away

I'm taking it easy until June. Short, easy runs, letting my body recover before I start another training plan. The thing about taking it easy is that it's hard. I want to feel like I'm moving forward, making progress. In everything. All the time. But it doesn't really work like that. Sometimes you have to rest a little before you can go full speed ahead again. 

I'm ok with slowing down occasionally, but I don't ever want to stop. I don't want to get stuck. I don't always know where I'm headed, but I need to be going somewhere, I need activity and motion. I like to feel as if I have options. Enough money saved up, enough exercise, an escape plan just in case.

But maybe that's no way to live. Maybe I don't need an escape plan. What am I even running from? Maybe I don't have to be going, going, going all the time. It's ok to sit back, relax and enjoy the view from time to time. What's the point of going so fast if you miss all the good stuff along the way?

Lyric of the moment: "You're on the road and now you pray it lasts. The road behind was rocky. But now you're feeling cocky. You look at me and you see your past. Is that the reason why you're running so fast? And she said, ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no I got to keep on moving..."

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I feel the same way so often. I even take the side of the bed closest to the door to have an "escape plan." no lie. we both need to slow down (and you really do because you're FAST!! ;)) lyric of the moment for me because of this blog: "slow down baby you're movin to fast. you got your hands in the air and your feet on the gas. you're bought to wreck your future runnin from your past. you gotta slow down baby" india.arie --sheila :)

    ReplyDelete