Sunday, July 10, 2011

The good, the bad and the snugly

Things that are not so good:

*Friday night I really wanted a smoothie so I went to Abbotts. I should have known it was a bad idea when the employee looked confused and then pulled out a book with instructions on how to make it. The instructions didn't even help her because the smoothie tasted terrible and I ended up throwing it out.

*My knees have been hurting lately so I thought I'd try new shoes to see if they made a difference. I bought new Saucony Kinvaras from Fleet Feet and the salesgirl told me I should get size 9.5 instead of the size 9's I usually wear. But when I wore them on an 11 mile run on Saturday they rubbed against the skin on my ankles until they bled.

*My body was angry at me this weekend. Saturday we went to Corn Hill fest and I started to feel light headed. I don't know if it was because of too much time on my feet in the sun or something else, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

Things that are good:

*Later Friday night Mike came upstairs and surprised me with a smoothie he'd made for me. It was delicious. You know when you're really thirsty and you take a drink of cold water and you feel a sense of complete satisfaction at having gotten exactly what you wanted? It tasted like that.

*Lesson learned: trust my gut more than the employees at Fleet Feet. They may know more about running shoes but I know more about my own feet.

*We went to Next Door Bar & Grill with my parents, where I discovered that bamboo is edible, and tastes mostly like whatever sauce is on it.

*Sunday morning cuddles and sleeping in.

*33 days until Hawaii! I can't wait!

Lyric of the moment: "And if you feel just like a tourist in the city you were born, then it's time to go, and define your destination. There's so many different places to call home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment