Friday, July 15, 2011

Victory and da feet

Dear Body,

Yo, what's your deal? I seem to have angered you somehow because you are all over the place this week. Lightheaded at the Corn Hill Festival. Uneasy stomach one night. Your knees hurt, so I get new shoes. Then your knees feel better but your feet get all blistery and uncomfortable, to the point where I got so frustrated during yesterday's run that I took off my shoes and ran home barefoot. Yes, I know you love to run barefoot, but it's a lot harder in the city because there's glass and rocks and debris everywhere. So in Hawaii, I promise we'll be all barefoot up in that beach. But for now, please make peace with my shoes.

Speaking of Hawaii, I ordered a bikini from Victoria's Secret online and, if it fits, you're going to put it on and wear it on vacation and shut the hell up about it. Because in the past the thought of us in a bikini was horrifying, but life is too short and we are too old for that shit. So we're going to wear what we want to wear and not worry about it.

So feet, let's get better soon, mmmk? And the rest of you parts, we have big plans and grand adventures ahead, so let's be friends.

From Robot, with love

Lyric of the moment: "But I would walk 500 miles. And I would walk 500 more. Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles. To fall down at your door..."

No comments:

Post a Comment