Wednesday, July 20, 2011

If I had a dollar...

If I had a dollar for every blister I have on my feet, I could buy a movie ticket. Or ten lottery tickets. Sadly, blisters are not full of money. They are full of ewwwww.

Thankfully, they seem to be getting better. My feet were pretty unhappy after Saturday's 12 mile run, but they made it through one 5 mile and two 6 mile runs this week without complaint. I bought new socks and a crapload of band-aids. Plus I washed the new Kinvaras which are a half size too big. I originally washed them in order to get the blood out (I sort of considered leaving it there to make myself feel tough, then decided that was too gross) but as an added bonus they also shrunk in the dryer and now fit better. Win!

It sucks to run when something hurts, but then I get through it and think, well that wasn't so bad. And the next time I have a particularly good run, I enjoy it that much more.

***

Random tidbits:

*It felt almost weird to run on my own so much the past two weeks. I've gotten so used to running with friends and I missed the camaraderie and hilarity. Sorry, Justin Timberlake. You can bring sexy back (or ask me to marry you) anytime but you're just not as fun to listen to as my running friends.

*Weekend highlights: DJ's BBQ, Mike's godson's birthday party, brunch at Woodcliff (I think brunch is my new favorite meal. So much deliciousness, so little time), finished reading Wicked (It was so different than I expected and from the musical. I still can't decide whether or not I actually liked any of the characters, but it's interesting to see how people become who they are).

*Am I just antisocial or is it weird when strangers ask a lot of personal questions? Yesterday the dental hygienist asked me if I was going on vacation this summer and I made the mistake of answering honestly. Then she was all "Who are you going with? How long have you been dating? Have you met each other's parents? Is he going to propose? How old are you?" I think she was just trying to be friendly but Jesus, woman! Please get back to murdering my teeth with sharp instruments and stop giving me the third degree about my personal life.

Lyric of the moment: "I do believe it's true, there are roads left in both of our shoes..."

No comments:

Post a Comment