Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Impossible things: sweater tights


If someone else tells me I can't do something, I usually don't care. Because I'm too busy doing it. But if I tell myself I can't do something, it's much harder to ignore. Though I love a challenge, so I'm going to try to do just that. Whenever that annoying inner voice tells me I can't do something, I'm going to be all "I can't hear you over the sound of how epic I am" (from a t-shirt my brother gave me for Christmas one year, which I never wore, for obvious reasons). In reality, I'm not going to say that at all. I'm not going to say anything. Because I have better things to do. Impossibly awesome things.

Round one: sweater tights.
I've had a pair of gray sweater tights for a few years but could never figure out how to wear them. They're so comfortable and warm, but everything I put on over them came out all wrong somehow. Plus I think they make my legs look huge. And my legs are already too big as it is. But whatever. It was time to wear the damn sweater tights or get rid of them. So I wore them. And it wasn't terrible. No one pointed and laughed (that I know of). The Guinness Book of World Records didn't knock on my door and present me with an award for World's Fattest Legs. So I'm going to keep them and wear them whenever I feel like it and stop being so ridiculous about the whole thing.

Lyric of the moment: "This much delight fills columns to new heights. Colors run prime, paint a picture so bright. All these things about me you never can tell..." (I love that this band is called The Joy Formidable.)

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute... how can you not wear that shirt your brother got you ALL THE TIME??!!!!

    ReplyDelete