Thursday, February 9, 2012

Minor indulgences in irresponsibility

Cupcakes eating cookies. It's
the Turducken of desserts!
Last night I skipped philosophy class. This was not really a conscious decision so much as it was the result of being so tired that I passed out before 8pm. But I will take my irresponsibility where I can get it. I never skipped a class in college. Not a single one. I had a serious responsibility problem, of which I am still trying to cure myself.

Sometimes I wish I was more of a free spirit - flighty, impetuous, carefree, doing whatever the hell I want and not giving a crap what anyone else thinks. I find irresponsibility alluring yet irritating. I'm the kind of person who enjoys being early and doing what I say I will and having an excellent credit score. Though I admit it's fun to indulge in a little irresponsibility once in a while. In an eating ice cream for breakfast kind of way, not in a paying my bills late kind of way. I could never bring myself to make a late payment. The horror! (My idea of a horror movie would involve dance mom hoarders filing for bankruptcy while making their toddlers wear tiaras.)

I didn't feel bad about missing class and I felt great after getting some extra hours of sleep. Tuesday night I ran 11 miles, including some hills, and felt indefatigable. Wednesday morning I woke up early, ran 5 more and still felt fairly tireless. After a good night's sleep on Wednesday night, I got in another 5 miles this morning without too much complaint from the 'ole body parts.

I think if I want to run hard, I'm going to have to sleep hard too. And eat hard. My food choices could definitely be considered irresponsible. I'll have to find another outlet for my rebel without a cause-itis. Even Cookie Monster had to change his philosophy to "Cookies are a sometimes food."

Lyric of the moment: "Take me out tonight because I want to see people and I want to see life..."

2 comments:

  1. cookie monster is a sell out .. chomp away!!! NOM NOM NOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, I never skipped a class in college either. I don't see it as a problem you have to correct. (-:

    ReplyDelete