Friday, April 13, 2012

Black and blue point of view

At the moment I am somewhat of a disaster. Giant band-aid on my hand, scrapes on my arms and black and blue knees from Sunday's fall. Slight limp from favoring the ankle that hurts. And this morning I woke up feeling like I'd spent the night swallowing swords. Seriously, this sore throat is like that cat who came back the very next day. I thought it was a goner, but it keeps coming back and it just won't stay away.
And yet, I am feeling optimistic. I may look like a hot mess, but I am still an unstoppable force. I hope. So I put on a black and blue skirt to match my black and blue knees, made myself a carrot and orange juice smoothie (I want to eat more vegetables but I have the taste-buds of a 5 year old so sometimes I need to trick myself into it), and headed out to make this a lucky Friday the 13th. Since bad things seem to happen in threes and my body has already suffered three bad things this week, it must be time for some awesomeness to ensue.

Things that are awesome:

*Mike and I plan to spend this Friday the 13th night eating Chipotle while watching Psych and Psycho...

*On the new couch which is getting delivered today! And which is way more conducive to stretched out lounging than the old couch. I am a master of stretched out lounging. I'm only 5'6'' (5'7'' if I stand up straight which I never do), but I can take up a whole queen sized bed in my sleep.

*The aforementioned black and blue skirt that I bought for $6 at the thrift store and was hemmed to perfection by my awesome mom.

*Having bruises makes me feel tough. And adventurous. Adventurous people are always getting bruised, right? From all their hardcore adventuring? I mean, it's hard to get black and blue knees from sitting on your couch all day. Though if anyone could do it, it would be me. I once kicked myself in the knee whilst getting out of bed (I like the word whilst. It sounds fancy and old timey). Maybe I am more clumsy than tough.

*The chiropractor that some running friends recommended to me. He is helping my ankle tendons get back to being awesome.

*Becky's wedding tomorrow at Artisan Works. Impending good times!

*This email I received from one of my candidates at work: "Thanks. Enjoy your weekend. I certainly will (bday weekend...shots shots shots)." Definitely the kind of professional email you want to send to someone who's trying to help you get a job.

*This quote from the movie Jeff, who lives at home: "Everyone and everything is connected, everything has a reason and a purpose, and all of it is leading us to our destiny." ~Jeff

Lyric of the moment: "I tried to do handstands for you. But every time I fell for you. I'm permanently black and blue, permanently blue for you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment