Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Internal compass

I find myself starting to want things I never wanted before. It's a strange feeling. Am I changing? Were these things I secretly always wanted but thought were unrealistic and unworthy of serious consideration? Or am I succumbing to the lure of conformity?

I don't think it's the latter. I freely admit to being a wanderer through life, for the most part going with the flow, but I usually have a good sense of what's right for me and I tend to do things in my own way and time. Still, it seems like a good idea to check the internal compass occasionally to make sure I'm headed where I want to go and not simply following the path of least resistance.

Yesterday I came across this quote on this website: "Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing." It's a good reminder.
Lyric of the moment: "Is it ever gonna be enough?"

No comments:

Post a Comment