Monday, April 9, 2012

Fall down 7 times, stand up 8

Saturday morning I ran 15 miles at under 9 minute pace and felt great. Sunday morning I ran 6 miles of trails and fell on my face. So it goes. On the bright side, my knee is now a lovely shade of purple (way to get in the Easter spirit, knees) and the knee pain made me forget about my ankle tendon pain. And all the Easter candy and ice cream cake made me forget about the knee pain.

With trail running, my fear has always been that I'll fall and injure myself. I wasn't expecting to face that fear head on in quite so literal a fashion, but now my first official trail running fail is out of the way. It wasn't so bad. A few scrapes, a little blood, a lot of dirt. Fall down, get back up, keep running.

Lyric of the moment: "Falling's not the problem. When I'm falling I'm in peace. It's only when I hit the ground it causes all the grief..."

No comments:

Post a Comment