Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy moments

Sitting front row at Jersey Boys. Last week Mike's parents took us to dinner and to see Jersey Boys at the Auditorium Theater and we had a great time. Prior to seeing the show, I didn't know anything about Frankie Valli or the Four Seasons, but I did recognize most of the songs, especially Can't Take My Eyes Off You, which is one of my favorites, though I'm partial to the Fugees version. I didn't know anything about the guys' delinquent youths in New Jersey or that Joe Pesci was the one who introduced Bob Gordio to the rest of the band. Too funny. I also loved the program's warning that the show contains "authentic Jersey language not suitable for children under 12."

Seeing The Artist at the Cinema Theater. I love the vintage feel of the Cinema and the fact that it's an easy walk from my house. The Artist was adorable and I fell in love with the 1920s era costumes, the silent film style acting and the main character's dog.

Saturday morning spin class. I was a little bummed to miss my usual Saturday long run, then I woke up to a cold, gray, rainy morning. Why hello there, silver lining. I went to the gym for an hour of spin class and an hour on the elliptical. I kept cracking up at the funny instructor and his jokes and was happy to discover that my ass no longer hurts after class. But my quads and calves were a little sore the next day, which I'm hoping is a sign that it was a good workout. Maybe I will not totally suck at my upcoming half and full marathons. Maybe.

Yotality, a new frozen yogurt shop in Pittsford. I learned of its existence on Saturday and of course had to make a pilgrimage immediately. Best frozen yogurt I've ever had. And that's saying something because I've eaten a lot of frozen yogurt in my day.

Saturday night dinner/UFC fight. Mike's cousins came over for dinner and to watch the UFC fight. I will never understand the appeal of UFC and I have zero desire to watch guys beat the crap out of each other, but nice people + good food + funny stories = good times.

Ye olde ankle is feeling better. Fingers crossed that all is well.

Lyric of the moment: "My head keeps spinning, I go to sleep and keep grinning. If this is just the beginning, my life's gonna be beautiful..." (because it's a funny old song and I kept hearing it in random places this weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment