Thursday, April 5, 2012

Impossible things: ice cream for breakfast

If I could, I'd eat ice cream for breakfast every day. Ice cream is such a celebratory food, and what better way to start the day than with a celebration? Sadly, it's not a very nutritionally sound idea. And being stricken with anemia or scurvy or a muffin top would put a serious damper on the celebration. So ice cream for breakfast has remained a dream. Until I came across this post on frozen yogurt dots.

All you need is some yogurt (I used Oikos Greek Vanilla), a sandwich bag, a cookie tray and a freezer. I added a monkey cup and blueberries for extra awesomeness.

Scoop the yogurt into the sandwich bag, cut off one corner of the bag to form a makeshift pipette and squirt the yogurt into dots on the cookie sheet. Freeze overnight and voilĂ ! The dream has become a reality. Frozen yogurt dots are as delicious as ice cream, but also have protein, calcium, probiotics and other good stuff to keep your insides healthy and happy. Now that's a cause for celebration.

Lyric of the moment: "Your love is better than ice cream, better than anything else that I've tried..."

No comments:

Post a Comment