Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'm prepared to wait however long it takes

Sometimes I don't know how I'm going to react in a situation until I get there. I thought it would be lonely living alone in my house. But I'm finding that I actually enjoy it. Though when the time comes to live with someone again, I will enjoy that too.
Lately I don't like anyone. I mean, I like everyone. People are awesome. But I don't like anyone. In that I-can't-wait-to-spend-time-with-you kind of way. I'm just not feeling it. It's like my heart is still stuck on something else or is on vacation or something.

I miss that feeling. It's similar to the way I feel about running. I like spin class and rowing and rock climbing. But running is the only thing I'd happily wake up at 5am for or stay up until 1am for, that I could do every day for the rest of my life and never tire of it. It's the difference between liking something and being truly passionate about it.

I'm prepared to wait however long it takes. To get back to running. To find the right person, or for the right person to find me. That doesn't mean I'm going to be sitting around idly in the meantime. There are too many other adventures to be had. But I want a life full of the things I'm passionate about. So I'm going to follow my heart, wherever it leads. Because it always knows exactly where to go.

Lyric of the moment: "And my head told my heart, let love grow. But my heart told my head, this time no, this time no..."


1 comment:

  1. I like yuor outlook. Stay positive!! Some lucky man is going to come along and have his socks rocked... just sayin!

    ReplyDelete