Wednesday, November 14, 2012

No worries, only awesome sauce

The other night I ran a few miles on the track at dusk. It was just an ordinary run. Not very fast or very far, but entirely perfect. Because I enjoyed every step. No watch, no worries, no expectations. Simply running for the love of running. I'm still hoping to get back to longer runs as soon as I can, but in the meantime I'm grateful for every mile my ankle will take me.

I'm not really sure how it happened, but I'm becoming more patient and less critical of myself. I'm finding a balance between striving for improvement and accepting who I am. I will probably always want to test my limits, to do more and be better. But I'm learning how to do it without judgment.

I'm going to let things work themselves out, as they are wont to do. Maybe I just like saying the word wont. In any event, I'm not going to worry about it. Whatever life brings, I will make a sundae out of it, with awesome sauce on top.

Lyric of the moment: "And what she said was something beautiful. To give your love no matter what..." (My second favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers lyric, the first being "I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.")

No comments:

Post a Comment