Friday, November 2, 2012

Robots just want to have fun

Things that are funny:

The other morning I went to get in my car and the driver side door wasn't shut all the way, my sunglasses were on the seat and the glove compartment was open. Clearly someone had been in my car, looking for who knows what. Nothing was taken, but then again there is nothing in there to take. And luckily my robot is super glued onto the dashboard so he's not going anywhere. Now I kinda want to leave random things in my car overnight and see what happens.
I think my boss feels sorry for me because several times a day he will come into my office and say a bunch of nice things and tell me that some lucky guy is going to be so happy to meet me, etc. Then we have ridiculous conversations like this:

Bill: "I saw you coming in and I thought to myself isn't little Jen beautiful. And I'm not just saying that to make you feel better."
Jen: "Yeah but don't you have glaucoma? You only think that because you can't really see me."
Bill (holding water bottle): "I'm going to dump this water on your head, kid."

I know he means well but I don't even want to think about it anymore. If it happens, it happens. And if it doesn't...that's the way the cookie crumbles.

My ankle feels suspiciously better. I'm hesitant to test it because it has fooled me before. And right now I just want to feel hopeful instead of discouraged.

I don't want to think too much or worry about the future or feel bad about anything. Robots just want to have fun.

Lyric of the moment: "Heart still beating but it's not working. It's like a hundred thousand voices that just can't sing. I reach out trying to love but I feel nothing. Oh my heart is numb..."



2 comments:

  1. test it out a little bit at a time.. and then.. .before you know it FLOWER CITY CHALLENGE.... wait.. what? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, you are a cutie! your boss speaks the truth!

    ReplyDelete