Monday, August 12, 2013

Circus cats

Of all the things I expected to do in my life, going to a cat circus was not one of them. But when Becky suggested that she, Kelly and I check out the Acro-cats at MuCCC on Sunday, I was definitely curious. I'm way more of a dog person than a cat person, but I do so love anything that holds the promise of being absolutely ridiculous. And as far as ridiculousness goes, it did not disappoint. We watched cats jump through hoops, balance on balls and play cowbell. When they felt like it of course. They are cats after all. There was even a tightrope-walking chicken and a bowling contest between a cat and a groundhog (the cat won). The finale was a couple of original "songs" by the Rock Cats, an all cat (plus one chicken) band. The Rolling Stones they're not, but considering the I do what I want nature of cats, it's impressive how many stunts the show's creator was able to train them to do. All the cats in the show were ones she fostered or rescued. She wouldn't admit how many cats she has in all, but with her sense of humor about the show and her jokes about the perils of dating when you have so many cats, she comes across as more endearing and less crazy cat lady.

Now I totally want to see an all puppy band. Except I might die from the sheer adorableness of that.

Lyric of the moment: "I wish I could be as carefree and wild, but I got cat class and I got cat style..."

No comments:

Post a Comment