Monday, August 26, 2013

Felt so good, like anything was possible

Saturday morning I ran 15 miles at Charlotte with the RFP crew. It's my farthest run since all my stupid ankle problems last year. I felt so happy to be back that I almost teared up afterwards. My knees were a tiny bit sore after, but once I took Mozzie for a walk, put on my compression socks and iced my knees briefly, I felt fine. I know that 15 miles isn't 20 or 26.2 and I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm starting to feel like, if I'm smart about it and keep building up very slowly, I could run another marathon someday.

But I don't want to think about that now. If I can keep my long runs in the 10-16 mile range through the end of this year and keep feeling good, I will be ecstatic.

Fingers crossed.
Knock on wood.
Breathe in for luck.

I mean, I will be ecstatic regardless. I'm very lucky and life is good. But I always feel like I'm the happiest, best version of me after a few hours on my feet (followed by a shower and breakfast-y goodness and hugs and puppy cuddles.)

****

Things that are awesome:

*My talented friend John Muoio and his band The Lonely Ones' new CD.
*Yesterday, Mozzie was standing in the narrow space between the couch and coffee table. Mike called him and instead of going forward and around the table, Mozzie started taking little steps backwards and wagging his stub tail. Mike said "Mozzie are you Moonwalking?" and we both burst out laughing.
*Getting to wear my favorite blue dress, thanks to my cousin's wedding. Dear People I know, please get married and/or have fancy parties so I have occasions to wear my dress-up dresses. And eat cake. And see you all so happy.

Lyric of the moment: "Running down a dream, that never would come to me. Working on a mystery, going wherever it leads. Running down a dream. I felt so good like anything was possible..."

No comments:

Post a Comment