Sunday, August 11, 2013

Trail and dog days of summer

 Saturday was a day of awesomeness for sure. I went to the preview run for the Dam Good Trail Race (thanks to Chris for the ride) and got to run 14 miles of beautiful trails at Letchworth Park with some cool trail peeps. To date, it's the longest I've ever run on trails. My calf muscles started to cramp up during the last couple miles and my stomach felt a little weird, but it wasn't anything I couldn't run through. Afterwards, Sheila gave me an electrolyte tablet, I stretched and drank water and my chocolate milk (Some people run for beer. I run for chocolate milk). Once I got home, I took a shower, put on my compression socks and hung out all afternoon with my new puppy, Mozzie!

Mozzie is a one year old Bulldog mix we adopted from Verona St. Animal Shelter. He's the sweetest, super chill dog and I loved him right away. He ended up in the shelter because someone had tied him to the bleachers in Genesee Valley Park and abandoned him. Seriously, what kind of asshat does that?


Poor Mozzie had a rough week, what with being left at the park, taken to the shelter and then neutered. He was afraid to go up steps at first but he is getting better.

Mozzie, my pup, you live here now and I promise your life is going to be all happy times and lots of love from here on out.

Lyric of the moment: "I could lift you up. I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be. You could be my luck. Even in a hurricane of frowns, I know that we'll be safe and sound..."

1 comment: