Monday, December 9, 2013

Robot socks: a true story

Socks are not my favorite. I'd prefer not to wear them. But I also prefer to avoid cold feet, so I tolerate them when necessary. Sometimes I have difficulty finding socks that are acceptably awesome. Other times, this happens:

Saturday morning, I woke up early, went through the typical waffling about whether or not I'd attend the group trail run, (So many miles and hills and speedy people. So much potential to get lost or broken or end up in super unflattering photos), ran 13-and-change miles on the 0SPF course with some lovely people who are much faster than I am, took the hottest, longest, most excellent shower afterwards, came out of the bathroom to discover that Mozzie had found Mike's belt on the ground and thought it to be a delicious cow-flavored chew toy, went to Target to buy Mike a new belt, and there they were, in the man-cessories section of Target: the most awesome socks I have ever seen. Blue! With Robots on them!

(insert explosions of awesomeness here!)

So now I'm rocking some robot socks. Life works in mysterious ways.

Lyric of the moment: "I just wanna see you, I wanna see you be brave..." (Last week I was excited, this week I'm back to freaking out. Why exactly did I think a winter trail race would be a good idea? If you don't hear from me on Saturday, I am lost in the woods of Powdermill Park. Please send hot chocolate.)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, I enjoy the way you capture the feeling of these events that are common however, go unexpressed. If I see you you will get the first pull of the hot chocolate. :-)

    ReplyDelete