Friday, December 20, 2013

The weekly strange and seriously awesome

Wednesday night I went to the hot chocolate run at MedVed and some Brooks representatives were there with gear for people to test. I understand that it's a marketing ploy. And a fancy one at that. It's like being a celebrity. You show up and people give you expensive things to wear. But I felt bad about borrowing a jacket, sweating all up in it, then giving it back. Especially one that I have no intention of ever purchasing. Don't get me wrong, it was a great jacket. High quality, versatile, lightweight, reflective - basically everything you'd want in a running jacket. But there is no way I'd ever spend $85 on an article of clothing that's only going to collect dirt and perspiration. I'd rather buy a $20 running jacket and have $65 to spend on races or other adventures. It's just a personal preference. I try to save money on things so I can spend money on experiences. (But if you want to offer me a fancy jacket to wear and enter me in a raffle for taking you up on it, I will happily oblige.) Some people are into their gear and their beer and that's cool. Me, I just want to run and drink hot chocolate.

And climb on things. Sadly, all my attempts to get Mozzie to play king of the mountain with me have failed. He much prefers his own game, where we come home and he's like look what I did today guys! I chewed up my leash and pulled all the dog poop bags out of the dispenser! You thought you were smart, hiding all the people things so I can't chew them. But I found some anyway! Isn't this the best game ever? I just have to laugh. It's like an episode of Pinky and The Brain. But Mozzie is The Brain.


As I was walking out of the pet store after having purchased a new leash, a woman across the street was waving her arms and yelling "M'am! M'am!" at me. Confused, I looked around like what's wrong, what's happening? Then she said "I really like your hat!"

When I arrived at work this morning, I found this on my desk:

Sometimes I think my life is the epitome of strange and hilarious and seriously awesome.

Lyric of the moment: "Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there with open arms and open eyes, yeah..."

No comments:

Post a Comment