Friday, December 27, 2013

Said the captain, Make it so!

I can't remember how I realized this, but adding up my birth date (10+23+1981) equals 2014. So I can only assume that 2014 is going to be a pretty sweet year. That's probably not the way it works, but whatever. I'm the captain of this ship and I can make it so.

As part of my agenda for awesomeness in 2014, I have decided to do 20 new things and run 14 races. The more ridiculous, the better. Obviously. But there are no rules, other than to enjoy myself. Because the secret to awesomeness is not in being better, faster, stronger, happier (though those are often bonus side effects) but in finding the joy in every opportunity, in living with enthusiasm and love and hilarity.

In the past I haven't really enjoyed racing, which is a shame because I love running and racing is just running with a lot of other people. And snacks. The problem was with my attitude towards racing. So that's something I'm going to work on changing in 2014. The past races that I did enjoy were those where I was able to run the majority of the miles with a friend. So hopefully I can do more of that in 2014 as well.

The 20 new things is just an excuse I'm giving myself to spend money on cool shit I've always wanted to try. Within reason, of course. So rocket to the moon is probably out. Unless one of you owns a rocket and are willing to let me borrow it. I will bring you the most excellent, fantastically delicious cookies ever. After 32 years of extensive research cookie-eating, the winner is the blueberry oatmeal cookie from Get Caked! It's probably because I just really like to say "Get Caked? Don't mind if I do." And then pretend I am eating the cookies for the antioxidants.

Lyric of the moment: "There'd be no distance that could hold us back. So this is the new year..."

No comments:

Post a Comment