Monday, August 9, 2010

Dog days of summer

I don't know why I persist in talking to Lucky as if she can actually understand what I'm saying. I'm basically talking to myself when I say things like "No, you can't go in that scary looking van. Didn't you learn anything from Criminal Minds?" and "Do you really have to find the nicest looking flowers to pee on?" Because to Lucky, I probably sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown. All she hears is "Won won, won won won." Unless of course I happen to be holding a treat. Then Lucky is all "I will sit, stay and high five like a champ. I will become a monkey typing Shakespeare on this typewriter if you will just give me that hot dog."

Lyric of the moment: "And I want you to know I feel lucky to know you. Cut open my heart and you'll see that it's true..."

1 comment: