Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Galapagos! Day 4: Sierra Negra and Volcan Chico

Friday, July 30, 2010


This morning, I ran for half an hour through the streets and trails of Floreana. The towns here are small so I don't have to worry about getting lost. We had an early breakfast, then drove up to the base of the Sierra Negra volcano. We hiked for 6 hours up Sierra Negra and Volcan Chico. Don't let its name fool you: Volcan Chico ("small") is no easy trek. But it was one of my favorite parts of the tour. The views were spectacular and just being able to hike a volcano is pretty awesome. And I'm totally counting this as my long run of the week. I was supposed to get in a 9 mile run this week, but I think half an hour of running followed by 6 hours of hiking over uneven terrain is enough of a workout.

Lyric of the moment: "And we've been trying, trying trying, to mix it up. We've been dancing on a volcano..."


No comments:

Post a Comment