Friday, June 24, 2011

Because the best things in life are free

It seems like there's so much more to do in Rochester during the summer. Maybe it's just that I feel like doing more things because it's so nice out. In any case, here are some of the things I'm thinking about doing this summer. Bonus points for being free! Because adventure doesn't have to cost a lot of money.

*PB&J night at Lux. Tuesday nights, starting at 9pm. Free peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and some kind of drink specials (PBR maybe?). I don't care about the alcohol, I just want the PBJ.

*Free movie night (and I think free popcorn too) at The Living Room Cafe on Monroe Ave. Friday nights at 8pm.

*Free movies in the parks. Especially Jaws at the beach on Tuesday, July 12.

*Shakespeare at the Bowl. Free performances of Othello from July 1-16 at Highland Park Bowl.

*Comedy open mic night at Boulder Coffee. Sundays at 8pm.

Holla if you want to join me or if you have other suggestions for inexpensive fun.

Lyric of the moment: "And love can come to everyone, the best things in life are free..."

1 comment: