Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fast & The Furriest 5K


Thanks to Shooter for the pic!

Saturday's Fast & The Furriest races were so much fun. Sheila, Eric & Shooter rocked the 10K and all got PRs. I ran the 5K, which was new this year, and finished in 21:46 (7th out of 168). As I was rounding the final turn to the finish, someone yelled that I was the first woman, but I didn't think it was true. Lucky for me all the fast people ran the 10K, so I actually was the overall female winner of the 5K. I never won a race before, and probably never will again, but it was pretty sweet. Plus I got a medal and a $50 gift card to Fleet Feet.


Photo from Ideasigner.com

I ran one 5K in 2009 (23:26) and two in 2010 (22:59 and 22:22), so this is my fastest time in recent years, but I would still like to beat my fastest time from college cross country (which was around 20:30 I think). I always wanted to break 20 minutes but never did when I was younger. Hopefully I will get there someday.

Lyric of the moment: "This is what it looks like, this is what it feels like. And this is your heart beating faster, faster..."

1 comment: