Friday, June 3, 2011

State of the Robot

I am rapidly approaching the end of my twenties and the beginning of what I can only hope will be more awesomeness. I'm excited to turn 30. It feels big, momentous somehow. I think for the first 3 decades I was just getting started. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I've changed a lot in the past 29 years, especially in the past 5 years, hell even in the past year. I don't know if it's for worse or for better, but it feels pretty nice, kind of like I am growing into myself.

I would like to exit my twenties with a bang - stronger, healthier, happier (and hopefully faster) than I've ever been. I would like to greet my thirties with open arms and ice cream cake.

So in the remaining months before my 30th birthday, I will try to do just that. I'm going to get all my checkups and train for another marathon and live it up as best I can.

I got a physical today and it looks like I'm good to go. Everything is normal. My CPK levels are back to well below the normal limit. Blood pressure, cholesterol, electrolytes, BMI, iron, blood sugar - everything is a-ok. My doctor wants me to get a bone density check because my last one, in 2001, showed some osteopenia, and I never had a follow up. Otherwise, I am perfectly healthy.

I didn't expect anything to be seriously wrong. Still, I think I can do better. The habits I form now are what will keep me healthy as I age. And I'd like to stick around for a while. There's a lot of stuff I want to do.

My doctor always asks me if I'm going to get married and have children. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but he asks me about it every time I go to the office, whether it's for a cold or a check up or whatever. In the past I always said no and then he would look at me like I was some kind of alien. But today I said "I don't know" (saying "none of your business" seemed too rude) because who knows, maybe I will. I never thought I would run a marathon. Until I did. So who knows what I will do next. Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be a fantastic and hilarious adventure. And what more could you ask for out of life?

Lyric of the moment: "However long I stay, I will always love you..."

1 comment:

  1. I want a slice of that ice cream cake as you jump into your 30's.... just sayin.... how about only people who are 30 get to have some??

    ReplyDelete