Thursday, June 30, 2011

Assorted craziness from my brain

*So far, I've been loosely following the marathon training plan that I used for Cleveland, mixing in some speed work with shorter races and track workouts, but mostly just running whatever I want. I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be a terrible idea. But if there's one thing I learned from Cleveland, it's that you never know what will happen on race day. So I figure I will focus on having fun and enjoying my training runs, and then whatever happens, happens. This summer, I've been craving variety. I want to run on trails, along the beach, down to the pier to get soaked by the waves. I want to explore new routes and have adventures on foot. As a life plan, the do-what-I-want/enjoy-the-journey philosophy seems to work for me, so maybe I should run the way I live.

*I'm super excited about Hawaii, but having a mini freak out about having to wear a bathing suit, even though I know no one will notice or care except me. So lame. Though I realize that if my biggest concern is not looking good in a bathing suit, my life is pretty freaking sweet.

*I remember when I was a kid, people were always asking what you wanted to be when you grew up. It was a question I could never answer, a blank, weighty with expectation, that I could never fill in. I would say something like astronaut or marine biologist or pirate - ridiculous answers to a ridiculous question. I never had any idea where my life was headed. I still don't. But I wish I could go back in time and write "awesome" every single time. Because that is really the only thing I've ever wanted to be. Awesome, as in alive, happy, and having a kick-ass time.

Lyric of the moment: "Am I back in line for love again? I can hardly recollect who I was before we met..."

No comments:

Post a Comment