Wednesday, October 12, 2011

From the sublime to the ridiculous*

I'm still thinking about something Chris said the other day, which was "Don't ride the train off a cliff." I knew what he meant, still I couldn't help thinking it would be pretty awesome to ride off a cliff. Provided I had a parachute. Or some kind of James Bondian skills.

I'm also still thinking about something Mike said the other day, which was "You're a rebel, in your own way." I thought it was a joke since I don't feel particularly rebellious. Then yesterday afternoon I realized that I'd been wearing my underwear inside out all day (in my defense there is no tag on said underwear), which is sort of rebellious I guess, though probably only if it had been intentional.

The other night I had a dream that someone I know was ill and had only 2 weeks to live. I said I would look after his dog when he's gone. I woke up hoping this is in no way a premonition of anything in real life.

Later I had another dream that I was on a volcano with all these people and we had to evacuate because of an impending disaster (oddly not a volcanic eruption but a hurricane). But no one was upset or panicked about this (Everything is so matter-of-fact in my dreams. No one is ever scared of anything.) A big wave of water came and washed us all to this other location, where we were suddenly dry somehow. The storm had destroyed Justin Timberlake's house (insert Cry Me A River joke here). And since it was a dream, of course it was perfectly natural that I would be on a volcano in a hurricane with Justin Timberlake. So I told him not to worry because he can buy another house and he said he probably will. I woke up hoping this is sort of a premonition for real life (the I-know-Justin-Timberlake part, not the I'm-in-a-hurricane part).

So Brain, take from all that nonsense what you will. Perhaps my subconscious wants me to a) go skydiving again b) follow my offbeat tendencies c) get a dog or d) go on more tropical vacations.

Lyric of the moment: "The irresistible force met the immovable object. Some may call me a lucky shot. No, but it was not..."

*Definition: "From something that is very good or very serious to something that is very bad or silly." I think this is the story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment