Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Nowhere to go but up

If this is thirty, count me out. I've had a cold since last Wednesday, thought I was getting better, then it came back with a vengeance. All I've managed to do this week is produce my body weight in phlegm. It's good to have skills I guess. And for some reason my voice has been all hoarse. I sound like a chain-smoking phone sex operator. I've never had a cold do that before.

The doctor gave me some antibiotics so hopefully I'm on my way back to 100%. I just want to feel better. Or get my own 1-900 number. But preferably feel better.

I suppose the good news is that if this is where my thirties start, I've got nowhere to go but up.

I want to run hard and try everything and have fun all the time, but my body doesn't always cooperate. Maybe I have to be more patient. Maybe it's enough to do whatever I can do today and the rest will follow in time. 

Lyric of the moment: "It's something like I apologize. It's something I still can't decide. But I know it gets better, it only gets better..."

No comments:

Post a Comment