Saturday, October 29, 2011

Scare Brain Cancer Away 5K

 I don't know why I signed up for this race. I still haven't gotten over this stupid cold completely and being able to breathe is sort of a requirement for running. I've been itching to run fast but my body isn't having it and I'm getting frustrated and annoyed. So I wasn't expecting much from this race. I figured I'd go and see what happens, then use that as a starting point for some 5K training this fall/winter. It went ok, but my chest was hurting. I don't know if it was because I'm still a little congested or from breathing in the cold air. But the more races I run, the more I get used to dealing with temporary discomfort.

This race was the same course as the Karnocker 5K I ran in July and I was slightly faster today (21:43, 38th out of 278) than I was then (21:54) so all in all, not bad for my first race as a 30 year old. I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to run a 5K under 20 minutes but I would love to get there someday. I'll just keep running and hope for the best.



Lyric of the moment: "If there was a better way to go then it would find me. I can't help it the road just rolls out behind me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment