Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lions, tigers, bears and other artists


My new pet

What a perfect fall weekend! The weather was beautiful and made for two good runs: 12 miles on Saturday with Dan and his friends, who are super nice. And a solo 7 mile run in my neighborhood this morning. I decided I'm going to run every day in November, however far I feel like going each day. I usually run 5 days a week but I figure why not make it 7 and give this running streak thing a try. I'm not training for any particular race right now so I'm free to try new things. And if there's one thing I like, it's trying new things.


An elephant after my own heart

Saturday night, Mike and I went to a fundraiser at the zoo featuring art painted by the animals. It was really neat. I was hoping we'd get to watch an elephant paint with its trunk or a penguin waddle across a canvas, but it was still cool to see the paintings even though there weren't any live demonstrations. If I had any artistic ability I'd totally want to be an art teacher for zoo animals. I bought a framed picture of an elephant using a vending machine. I hope he got some Snickers out of there.

Lyric of the moment: "If I were a painter and could paint a memory, I'd climb inside the swirling skies to be with you..."



No comments:

Post a Comment