Friday, November 11, 2011

Onederful

One may be the loneliest number but six of them are onederful. So in celebration of 11/11/11, I ran 1111 rods/perches (ye olde fancy unit of measurement equivalent to about 3.472 miles), took an 11 minute shower and put on 11 items of clothing. At 11:00 I took a break for elevenses, what the British call their mid-morning tea and biscuit break. I never seem to have any biscuits on hand, so I had a bagel instead. I'm pretty sure it still counts. Later we got dessert from Phillips European, which was delicious x10^11. And I finished the last 11 pages of Kathy Griffin's memoir, Official Book Club Selection.

According to people who subscribe meaning to numbers and write about it on the internet, one is the number of new beginnings and eleven is the number of balance. I don't know anything about that but I have to admit I wouldn't mind if either of those things came my way.

Happy 11/11/11. Here's to new beginnings and finding balance amid the chaos.

Lyric of the moment: "But all of the stars in the darkness, give me a sign, a sign of love..."

No comments:

Post a Comment