Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Because I am easily amused

Things that made me smile...

*Sitting at a coffee shop window, looking out at the wet street and lights on the trees, which looked like the set of an old fashioned movie. And the neon Pastries sign inside was reflected in the window, making it look like there was a sign outside saying Pastries with an arrow pointing to the street. I imagined a street full of pastries and it made me laugh. And it made me want to live on Pastries street.

*An old man on the elliptical next to me at the gym who was watching Star Trek: The Next Generation. And a little kid wearing a hat with stegosaurus horns on top suggesting to his mom that they have chocolate cake for breakfast. (I think I'm simultaneously 7 and 70 years old. Possibly because those are the only times you can wear a cape when it's not Halloween and people think it's adorable instead of crazy/)

*When I have a conversation of any substance with new people, inevitably they will tell me that I'm "unusual" or "interesting" or another polite way of saying weird. I think it's funny.

*The giraffe on East Ave who is wearing a top hat and scarf.

*A restaurant I drove by on Main St called Panda King. Even though I'll never go there because it's in an old KFC building and looks creepy, I still hope there's a giant panda inside wearing a crown.

Lyric of the moment: "They say that the world was built for two, only worth living if somebody is loving you..." (because it's one of my new favorites)

No comments:

Post a Comment