Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reckless abandon

In the spirit of living with a little more reckless abandon, I...registered for the Poconos Marathon in May and the Utica Boilermaker in July, committed to a month of hot yoga in February, refinanced my mortgage, signed up for a philosophy class I've wanted to take for years but for some reason never have, underwent a new hardware installation (though it remains to be seen if this will be an upgrade or downgrade from the previous part) and best of all, reconciled with Mike.
It sounds sort of weird to say that I'm continually surprised by my own life, but I don't know how else to explain it. No matter where I think I'm going, I somehow end up somewhere ridiculously better.

Not that I believe that end of the world crap, but if this is my last year, I want to make it an especially excellent one. (Insert a Wayne's World voice saying "Party time, excellent!" here. And then a Mr. Burns voice saying "Exxxxcelent.") That's the level of excellence I'm talking about.

Lyric of the moment: "I've got the best intentions for a little bit of anarchy, but not the hurting kind..."

No comments:

Post a Comment