Saturday, January 14, 2012

Things I mostly, sort of, probably know

Oprah has this column in her magazine called What I know for sure. Because Oprah knows a lot of things, like how to amass billions of dollars. I haven't figured out how to do that. I haven't figured out how to do much of anything really. The list of things I know for sure is alarmingly short and sort of Tarzanesque. Running, cake, people: good. Negativity, unkindness, black licorice: bad. (I don't know how red licorice can taste so good and black licorice so bad. It is one of the great mysteries of life.)

So while I don't know much for sure, I do mostly, sort of, probably know these things...

*Even when life sucks, it is still the best. Being here is better than the alternative.

*Often times things that seem bad turn out to have the most delicious silver linings.

*They say people don't change, which is not entirely true. I've seen people change all the time. The truth is I can't change anyone else, but I can always change myself.

*I'd rather spend money on experiences than things.

*Happiness is more about who I am and who I'm with than where I am or what I have.

*The more open I am to life, the more awesomeness can get in.

*Little by little, I can do anything.

*Hard work is its own reward. So is doing the right thing.

*When I let go of wanting things to be different, everything somehow works out even better than I could have hoped.

*The best way to find something is to either stop looking or to never, ever, ever stop looking.

*If you never fail, you're not taking enough risks. And if you never risk getting hurt, you never get to the places most worth going.

*I may never know where I'm going, but when I follow my heart and do what I love, I always end up somewhere unexpected and amazing.

Post #200! Woot woot!

Lyric of the moment: "And I wonder if everything could ever feel this real forever, if anything could ever be this good again. The only thing I'll ever ask of you, you've got to promise not to stop when I say when..."

No comments:

Post a Comment