Sunday, January 1, 2012

New year's eve epiphanies

I want that moment at the end of Garden State where he says "I don't want to waste another moment of my life without you in it." That kind of stuff doesn't happen in real life, at least not to me. But I can't let go of it. As unlikely as it may be, I want it all the same. Anything less would be settling. And I just don't have it in me to do anything half-assed.

I want more conversations with interesting people and more reasons to stay up late. I want more midnight runs and climbing on tanks. I want an infinity of friends and laughs and hugs.

I want a life of epicness. Sometimes I don't know how to get there, but maybe that doesn't matter. Maybe epicness is a state of mind. I think I'm the kind of person who can find happiness wherever I am. And if that's true, then it doesn't matter so much what path I'm on, only that I find the happiness in it.

And also, all signs seem to be telling me I should go rock climbing. Which I have no idea how to do. Which is why it's probably it's a good place to start.

Lyric of the moment: "It's been a long December and there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last. I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass..."

2 comments:

  1. There's a place to train you in rock climbing in rochester, it's like 125 for lessons or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. midnight running and tank climbing was fun. we should do it once a month or something. :)

    2. rit has a rock climbing place and so does rockventures (on university near i think culver).

    ReplyDelete