Monday, January 23, 2012

Captain's log

The thing about people is that they have opinions. Family, friends, even strangers have opinions about my life and how I should live it. In a way it's adorable. It's nice to know that there are people who look out for me and want the best for me. But sometimes what they want for me is different from what I want, and I have to remember that I am not other people's expectations of me. I like hearing their viewpoints and I appreciate their advice, but I have to follow the path that feels right to me. Because I'm happiest when I'm living in a way that feels authentically Jen. I won't always make the best decisions, but I know that whatever happens, I'll be ok. This ship is not much to look at, but it has the strength and heart and resilience to weather any storm.

Lyric of the moment: "Crazy as I may make my way through this world, it's for no one but me to say what direction I should turn in now. 'Cause I am the captain of this ship..."

1 comment:

  1. Truth is you are the Captain.... thats what makes it so great, you get to pick the course and set sail when and where you want!

    ReplyDelete