Friday, March 11, 2011

Legs are for running. Life is for exploring

I'm in love with the New Balance Minimus. Together we will take over the world. Or probably just some trails. They're so comfortable, I know I'm going to wear them everywhere.

So now I have the shoes, I just need to find some fellow adventurers.

I feel like I'm never in the same place as other people my age. It seems like everyone else wants to settle down and have kids. And I don't know if I'll ever get there. In the space where my biological clock should be, there is nothing but wanderlust. I don't want to settle. I'm too restless. There's so much I want to do and so many places I want to go. I've been lucky to meet so many amazing people, all of whom I love, but I'm still looking for someone who wants the same kind of life that I do.

I don't know. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I seem to be programmed differently than other people. But I am who I am and I can't change that. I want a life of exploration. And funny hats (seriously, ever since I saw The Adjustment Bureau I've wanted a fedora like you can't believe). Maybe someday I will find a Lewis to my Clark.

I still don't know where life will take me, but I do know I'll enjoy the journey.

Funny moments from today, which made me laugh and distracted me from being nervous about tomorrow's race. Why do I always get nervous before races? So lame.

My boss, Bill: "Jen is spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e."

Dangers: "hmm, you've given me a challenge. one of the many things I love about you..."

and

Dangers: "some clowns would have you believe that lettuce is a perfect subsitute for bread."
Monkey: "no, there's no substitute for bread."
Dangers: "truer words have never been spoken."

Lyric of the moment: "And if I stop for a minute, I think about things I really don't wanna know. And I'm the first to admit it, without you I'm a liner stranded in an ice floe..."

No comments:

Post a Comment