Saturday, March 5, 2011

Onward to awesometown

Puppy sleep train
I ran 14 miles this morning, which is my longest run to date! I was a little worried about it because my other workouts this week were sucktastic, but I felt strong today. Take that, stupid stomach flu. I'm back!

This is my favorite part of training; pushing myself farther than I've ever been before. I'm excited to run longer and longer in warmer and warmer weather.

After my run, I picked up Lucky and we went over to my parents' house so she could play with Wilbur. Of course I was happy to see her, but it just made me miss her even more. She's not my dog anymore. A sad casualty of the breakup. But I know Jeremy will take good care of her.

That's life, man. Setbacks are inevitable. You just have to keep going onward to awesometown.

Lyric of the moment: "Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost, doesn't mean I'll stop, doesn't mean I will cross. Just because I'm hurting doesn't mean I'm hurt, doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserve, no better and no worse.."

No comments:

Post a Comment