Friday, December 30, 2011

In which the universe attempts to teach me patience

The other day I was at waiting in line at Wegmans for the world's slowest cashier to ring up the person ahead of me. I started to get annoyed but then I thought "be patient, you have plenty of time" and I relaxed. Eventually it was my turn, I paid for my items and walked out to my car, arriving just as the radio started playing Sorrow by The National, which I love.

I guess sometimes things that seem to be obstacles are life's way of slowing you down so you get to the right place at the right time.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Lyric of the moment: "Don't leave my hyper heart alone on the water. Cover me in rag and bones, sympathy. 'Cause I don't wanna get over you..."

1 comment:

  1. I am getting soooo much better at this, I am still lacking big time in the being patient part... Last night though we were in Wegmans (in a line that is surely slower than yours) hahah, A woman next to us tried to buy alcohol in the self checkout lane... she was LIVID about the 30 seconds she had to wait for someone to come check her ID... It made me realize how silly it is, and well... how stupid I must look when I get like that..... Go universe.

    ReplyDelete