Friday, June 13, 2014

It's Friday the 13th, I'm in love

Is Friday the 13th an unlucky day or a lucky one? I think it depends on how you look at it. The same random event could happen to two different people and one could interpret it as lucky while the other sees it as unlucky.

Earlier this week, Mozzie busted into the blue bedroom and had himself a puppy rave, chewing up all my old journals and 3 of my books (Thankfully they weren't library books. Though funnily enough, one of them was Dog Shaming. Yes, my dog literally ate the book on dogs eating things they shouldn't. Maybe he was reading it and it gave him some bad ideas?). At first I thought Seriously Mozzie? and set about cleaning up all the bits of half-chewed paper and bindings. But in a weird way, it almost seemed like a sign. Here was my past, with all its fears, worries, detours and regrets, reduced to puppy confetti. And here was this big-headed bundle of adorableness and chaos, who wouldn't even be in my life if not for some of those detours, who in one fell swoop, chewed up everything I'd been holding on to that no longer mattered.

It got me thinking about the strange series of events that brought me here, all the shenanigans, the adventures, the people who changed my life for the better. I realized that all the times of seemingly irreparable sadness were almost immediately followed by times of previously unfathomable happiness. And maybe that was no accident. Maybe it was a choice. To experience everything, the trials and the triumphs, the sweetness and the suckiness. To let sorrow open my heart instead of closing it. To make the best of wherever it was I found myself and to love everything.

I'm excited about a lot of things right now. (So excited that I have to consciously curb my enthusiasm and remind myself not to be weird. Or else I'd just be hugging everyone all the time.) I don't know how anything is going to pan out. I'm hoping for maximum awesomeness, but with these things you never can tell. So I'm just here to enjoy the party.

And I'm going to go with lucky, 'cause I'm pretty sure this Friday the 13th is going to bring me some laughs, some miles, some Pete and some tacos.

Lyric of the moment: "And we may never meet again. So shed your skin and lets get started. And you will throw your arms around me..." (If the Pearl Jam cover of this song was a house, I would totally live in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment