Friday, June 27, 2014

Running wild

I have this recurring dream where I'm running and then my feet lift off the ground and I fly away. That's what I love about running: the moment in every step where both feet are off the ground, the chance that maybe one day I'll take flight. So far, no luck. But hey, you never know. Stranger things have happened: Last Sunday I held a baby* and went grocery shopping. Shocking I know. It's like I'm a real person or something.

Lately I feel so much lighter and I realized it's the absence of negative emotions. No worries, no stress, no drama. Which is exactly how I like it. In the past, I used to channel any negativity I faced into my running, using it as fuel. Time wise, I always had my best runs when I was upset about something. But now I'm running away from the things that make me feel bad and towards the things that make me feel happy. Now I feel like I'm running the way I was meant to run: running wild, running free, running on joy.

Lyric of the moment: "I'd be lying if I ran away. I'd be lying if I ran another way. And so I'll stay... There's not much that you can do to get me to run away from you..."

*I'm lucky to have some amazing lady friends who have created these adorable tiny humans. I'm so happy for them. But I'm secretly terrified of becoming The Friend Who Dropped The Baby. No one likes that friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment