Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The best things in life are free. But these were $20 and they're pretty awesome too.

I prefer to spend my cash moneys on experiences rather than things. But there are some situations in which flip-flops or running shoes are not acceptable footwear. (Inconceivable, I know. But alas, I'm not in charge of these things.) And Mozzie somehow got into the closet and chewed up my only pair of dress sandals. They were heels and I could never really walk in them anyway, so it was no big loss. But I had to find replacement dress shoes before my brother's wedding in August. When a $10 off DSW coupon fortuitously arrived in the mail, I went to their website thinking I would just find a pair of plain, flat, silver sandals. But then I saw them...winged sandals! For $29.95 ($19.95 with my coupon). I hesitated for a minute, because who wears winged sandals outside of Greek mythology? Me, that's who. I mean, when you stumble across awesomeness, you have to invite it inside. Because that's life, my friends. One day you're sitting around bummed because your dog ate your shoes and it seems exceedingly unfair that your feet should ever be required to conform to someone else's ideas of fancy footwear. And the next day you have winged sandals on your feet and you are pretty much unstoppable.

Lyric of the moment: "You've been reading some old letters. You smile and think how much you've changed. All the money in the world couldn't buy back those days. You pull back the curtains, and the sun burns into your eyes. You watch a plane flying across a clear blue sky. This is the day your life will surely change. This is the day when things fall into place..."

No comments:

Post a Comment