Monday, June 23, 2014

Things that are ridiculous

I love anything that promises to be even remotely ridiculous. I think that's one of the reasons I fell in love with trail running. Because of situations like these...

Things that are ridiculous:

*I was in the shower, trying to wash what I thought was dirt off my leg, but then realized it was a bruise. And not just any bruise. A bruise with mosquito bites inside of it. This may be my skin's most ridiculous feat to date. I think it even beats that summer I had mosquito bites on my face.

*Pete was going to lose a toenail and he asked me to pull it off. I think this is what Meatloaf was talking about when he wrote that song, "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that." But trail runners are the kind of people who check each other for ticks and paint over/pull off each other's black toenails. So now I can add pulled-creepy-toenail-off-a-loved-one to my list of life experiences.

*Saturday morning a group of us ran 13 miles through 3 different parks and then back to Alison's house for bagels. Afterwards, Pete and I went to Chimney Bluffs State Park for a nice little hike. At about 8:00 that night, while watching Spaceballs, Pete asked "Are you asleep?" and I, half-asleep answered "No." (I intended to say "I'm not asleep, I'm in a taco coma," but the extra words didn't come out.) Pete suggested that we take a nap, just 45 minutes or so. When I woke up...three hours later...I was like what happened, what time is it? You just can't keep these party animals from their wild nights.

*I was awake. It was 6am. On a Sunday. So I got up and decided to go to Seneca Park for an easy time-on-feet run. I reached into my purse for my keys and pulled out a sports bra. Apparently that is where I'm keeping them these days. I guess you never know when you're going to need a little extra boob support.

Lyric of the moment: "But we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment