Thursday, January 20, 2011

All I really want is a solemate

I am now officially registered for the Cleveland Marathon on May 15th. I made the hotel reservation and everything. There's no going back now. I am really going to do this thing.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm so nervous I got butterflies in my stomach just registering. I'll just have to take it day by day, mile by mile.

I'm kind of bummed because it seems like most people in the distance training program are training for a half marathon and there aren't as many who want to do a full marathon. I was hoping I could find someone else to run with in Cleveland. I would love to have a solemate if you will, someone who is around the same speed as I am (that speed being slow) and who wants to run with me. I don't know if I can do 26.2 on my own. It would definitely be nice to have some company during the race.

A few days ago I watched the movie Timer on Netflix. The movie revolves around a company that can install timers on people's wrists that count down until the exact moment they meet their soulmates. It's an interesting premise, but I didn't like the ending at all. I don't know how I feel about the whole soulmate thing. I like the idea of having a partner for life, but I also think there are multiple people we could be happy with, not just one. It would be terribly sad if there's only one person for you and you never met him/her. And I don't like the idea that we're all just waiting around for someone to "complete" us. I've never felt incomplete. Last time I checked I am already a whole person. Who knows? I certainly don't have any answers.

Mostly I just want to survive Cleveland. I'll worry about the rest later.

Lyric of the moment: "What do I do this for? Got to get out some more. Go down to the grocery store. Meet someone I'll adore. Someone who'll make me laugh, someone to be my better half. Keep me warm under the sack, share with me my midnight snack..." (Because the midnight snack part is my favorite. All I really want is someone to eat late night dessert with. Or someone with whom to eat late night dessert, if you are the grammar police.)

2 comments:

  1. Allow me to make a few predictions:

    1) You will train hard for the marathon, and your distances will improve steadily, and this will surprise you.

    2) You will complete the marathon in May with a solid time, and this will surprise you.

    3) You will make friends at the marathon, and this will surprise you.

    4) Some day you will drive to Friendly's at midnight for a Reese's peanut butter cup sundae, but they will be closed because they're not open that late on a weeknight, and this will surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that's hilarious, thank you. The Reese's peanut butter cup sundae is my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete