Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day 7.5 mile race

50 degrees in January. Sweet!
I didn't think so at the time (so. many. hills), but in retrospect the New Year's 7.5 mile race at Mendon Ponds was a nice way to kick off 2011. I finished in 58:15 (92nd out of 367), which is about a minute and 15 seconds faster than my time when I ran this course at the Summerfest race in September. Let's hope this is an indication of faster times to come.

For part of the race, I was running with a guy wearing a "Michael Scott’s Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race For The Cure" t-shirt. Hilarious! I also ran a couple miles each with 2 other guys. All 3 dudes ended up finishing before me, but came up to me afterwards to say it was nice running with me. I love how most runners are so friendly and encouraging even though you've never met before.

Photo from http://www.grtconline.org/

Photo from http://www.grtconline.org/

I usually don't make New Year's resolutions because I don't think you have to wait until the first of the year to make changes in your life. But if there's one thing I want to do this year, it is run a full marathon. Distance training starts up again in a few weeks and I'm hoping to do the full marathon program this time. We'll see what happens but I've been dying to run a marathon so I can get one of those 26.2 bumper stickers. Yeah, I am super cool like that.

Lyric of the moment: "You and me together, could do anything baby. You and me together, yes, yes..."

No comments:

Post a Comment